Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Sweet Smell of Sulfur.

Last night was quite the adventure for me. I was all set for a lovely night of the gym and a paper (quite a rowdy Saturday night, I know), when Shelby tagged me in a post on facebook. And that's when I saw the link to the Hot Springs. About 10 minutes later, we were heading over to Budge to go get Will (we designated him the body guard). It took him about 4 trips up to his room to be ready.. in this order: First trip, needed a towel. Second trip, needed Advil and a jacket. Third trip, forgot his towel when he came back and needed to go get it. Fourth trip, forgot his pretzels. Next we stopped at a Texaco for some gas, since Chevron costs too much. Then onward to Wal-Mart to grab some flashlights, which turned out to be our best investment, but the line to check out was just short of 14 million people long.. so it ended up taking longer than we thought.

Then we started on the drive to the hot springs. It was about a half hour drive, and we spent a little bit of it sure we were going the completely wrong way. We finally got to the turn off, and waved down some guys to make sure we were on the right road. I started freaking out about the fact that there were most likely 230 rapists hiding all over the place, just waiting for innocent college students to go on a late night hike so they could grab them. I voiced my opinions to everyone, and that's when Will decided to ease my worries with list after list of the ways that they could hide and trick us so that they could get us. It really made me feel safe about where we were. We got out of the car, and started following a big group of guys through the forest to the hot springs. It was an hour walk, which was super cold but it was pleasant. I'm pretty sure Will was shocked about our topics of conversation, but I decided it was best for him to really get to know us while we were in the middle of the woods when he couldn't really run away. We finally made it to the springs, and it was FREEZING standing in just a swimsuit while we got into the little pools. The first one we got in was luke warm, and that was a bust til we moved to a lower one which was muuch warmer. After we had done some lateral thinking puzzles (yeah, so maybe that does sound nerdy), we decided it was time to leave. I was the first one to get out and walk over to our things, and for some reason I thought one of the pools was flat ground.. probably because the color of it was a milky white which kind of looked like the ground.. and I full on fell into the pool. It was funny, til my foot hurt and when I got home my foot was cut and my sock was kinda bloody. Yuck. On the way back we were all starving, so we made a nice little pit stop at McD's for a late night snack. It was a super fun trip! It was much better than being productive and writing my paper like I was supposed to do. Looks like I'll just have more work to do today.. worth it!

Church today was great, it was a good sacrament meeting. Cora spoke, and she did a great job! Then Sunday School, which was better than usual, and Relief Society. I love love love Relief Society. It's fun to just be with a bunch of girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment