Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Palm Espringys!

Palm Springs! (aka Palm Espringys) This is how the day usually goes: Wake up (typically early thanks to my mom singing for us to wake up), eat some breakfast, head to the pool and sit in the 100 degree weather for as long as we can tolerate, come inside, shower and get dressed, head out to dinner, late night hot tub run. But this year, things are just different. The main difference is that it is about 60 degrees here during the day at 50 degrees at night. Pleasant?! I THINK NOT. So our little daily schedules have changed, usually involving hanging out inside and watching way too much DisneyChannel (thanks Cal).

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm going to pick some things that I was thankful for today.
1. Racist jokes. Yeah, I said it. I like that kind of humor. People like to giggle silently and act like they're secretly offended, but then when we lay in bed at night and review our day, we remember the racist joke and how funny it was. Well guess what. I laugh in the moment too. I love racist jokes. Tonight at Hibachi (yumm) our chef was cracking racist jokes all night. So so funny.

2. Towels. My mom is a pool junkie, so she forces us out to the pool even when it's 60 degrees. She lured me with a smoothie, and at that point I didn't stand a chance. So i headed out. It was super cold, so I made a little cover for myself out of towel. 5 of them, to be more specific. At one point I wanted to roll over, so Kassafrass was kind enough to put the towels on me while I was laying on my stomach. Also, she touched my feet. EW.

3. Christmas songs with my name in them. OH WAIT. I actually hate that. So let's scratch that off my list.

The Actual 3. Just Dance 2! So fun. We've spent the whole night playing.. it's very funny. My goal for this game is to somehow convince my dad to do it. One day, maybe.

4. Aveda Shampoo! Seriously the best smell ever. I'm all over it. I make everyone smell my hair. Except Callie thinks it smells bad, if you were wondering. I looooove it!

5. Neon Sports Bras. Yes, I am thankful for them. They're SO cute! I'm not sure who decided they were so cute, but I'm excited for finding them.

6. Facebook. I'm a facebook stalker, but I'm pretty open about it. Chances are I stalk you! It's just so fun to know what's going on with people, because I'm nosy about it. But I think it's socially acceptable (or at least MORE socially acceptable) if I am open about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment