Saturday, November 13, 2010

Long Time No Post!

Well, I just kept telling myself I would post when I had some extra time, and before I realized it, Kristi Sexton was reminding me that I hadn't posted in almost a month! So it's time to catch up. I'm going to go with my top 10 favorite things I've done in the last month to make it so great :] There are in no specific order.. I'm just posting as it comes to me.


1. Disneyland! I went home for Pedro's baptism, and I got to take a few hours on Friday afternoon to head to Disneyland with my mommy. It was SO fun! I just love it. The atmosphere and everything! The lines were incredibly short and we got to do all of the rides we wanted, which was awesome for such a beautiful day. Loved it!







2. Decorating for Christmas! Why yes, it is November 13th. Why yes, our room IS decorated for Christmas :) We took a trip to Wal-Mart to get some cute little decorations, and put them up immediately! It is just so adorable and cheery in here now. We rationalized doing it right now because we won't be here for a week at the end of the month for Thanksgiving, and we won't be here for all of Christmas.. so we needed to see the decor for a month of time and this was the easiest way to do that. Now I just need to gather up my Christmas music selection!


3. Mail! This week was such a great week for mail. As you may recall, I don't get a whole lot of mail, and there are very few things that make me happier than getting letters. The first one came from my sweet cousin Adam (thanks Cherri, too!). It was the most adorable thing, I showed it to every girl I saw on the way to my dorm. He's written BYU on the paper in blue crayon, and it's absolutely adorable. And if things couldn't get any better, I got an awesome package from the ever thoughtful and sweet Dane Brodowski. I loved it! It was just so so sweet. I really appreciated it! Such a great mail week.








4. This one goes out to my adorable zebra Scentsy. I didn't pack it when I came up for college the first time, so when I came back from going home, I made sure to bring it. It's the best! Our dorm smells phenomenal the vast majority of the time (except for a few times... teehee) and we get lots of compliments on it. Plus it's not going to light the place on fire when we forget to turn it off when we leave, which happens quite a bit.








5. BYU Basketball started! I'm so so happy! We went to the game last night, and it was super duper fun. They gave out free shirts to the first 1000 people (I think that was the number), but there weren't shirts on our seats. A guy that we went with ran down to the lower seats and grabbed a bunch, so we all got one! We smoked Fresno State (or Fre-snot as Starlee and I referred to it), and had a blast. Kind of an awkward moment- there were guys sitting behind us but I wanted to stand on the seat to be able to see better, so I turned around to ask him. I couldn't get it attention, so not thinking I more or less laid my hand on his stomach. He looked alarmed.. but I was able to stand on the seat so no bigs.

6. Pedro got baptized! I didn't get to see him very much, which was a huge bummer, but I loved being there to see him get baptized. It was an awesome blessing. I had to bail out immediately to make my flight so I didn't get to talk to him (tear for sure), but it was great to go home and see everyone, along with seeing him make such a great decision. I am so glad that I was able to support him. I love you Pedro! (gfl's for sure.)










7. The Great Major Debate. This has commonly become known in our dorm as the "major of the day," due to the fact that I change what I decide that I want to major in on a daily basis. But I think I've finally found one that I feel so excited about- it seems to be sticking! I hope it'll last more than just these few days though.. haha. So what is the major? (My mom is so happy about this.) History Education.. and then heading on to Law School! I'm so excited for the challenge. I've just got to get to the department center to talk to the advisors and get it all declared. Excited? Yes.

8. The recent collection of old school pictures that have been shared on facebook. Kassie Sminn started the craze, and I have LOVED looking at all of the old pictures of us. I got a nice little collection of them from Dane in my package the other day, and they are just adorable. I wasn't always the cutest kid......... but the memories in them just make me smile so much. So cute!




9. The Relief Society meeting I got the privilege of going to at 8am on a Saturday morning. NOT. The meeting itself wasn't fun, but we had some good times at it I'd say. Played some MASH, learned the incredible skill of text bombing, and got a sweet back scratch courtesy of Ashley Andersen. The meeting really wasn't too beneficial.... not really applicable for us. But as bitter as I was the whole time (which Starlee and Ashley can no doubt attest to), it was not too shabby.


10. My 2nd Geography Exam! I failed the first one (at least that's what I think 50% means....) and it really fired me up to do much better on the 2nd one. I worked really hard on everything between the 2 tests and went into the test with a C instead of the D I had earned. I studied so hard for weeks on end, and just took the test on Thursday. Result- total domination. I owned that test! I won't get my score for a few weeks because the TA's have to grade 300 entirely written tests before they release the scores.. but I feel so great about it. I can do it!

So there we have it. An awesome month :) Also, I'm going to go back to writing this a lot more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment